Wednesday, December 06, 2006

High Definition Faith

Last week Shannon and I bought our Christmas gift for each other. We decided to purchase a new High Definition Television. Now this TV is extremely cool, because the picture is so clear you can see every detail on the screen. When your watching football you can see the blades of grass, hockey, the scares in the ice from skates. It's really cool.

It's funny but I never knew how unclear my picture on my old TV was until I saw a High Definition TV.

I think my faith journey is similar to shopping for TV's. You think that you have it all figured out. You think that you finally have a clear picture of who God is and then something will happen, and you realize that your knowledge is still so limited and there is so much more to know. Even David knew that God was so big he could never grasp all of him.

I look behind me and you're there,
then up ahead and you're there,
your reassuring presence, coming and going.
This is too much, too wonderful
I can't take it all in!
Psalms 139:5-6

So Maybe the point isn't to have the whole picture but just to allow the picture to get better all the time.

I want to know God in High Definition!

PJ

No comments: