Thursday, December 21, 2006

Merry Christmas Everyone!


Well today is the last day I will Blog until 2007. It has been an amazing year at Life Church. When I look at what God has done in only one year around here, I'm humbled by His goodness. I'm not just talking about having a new building although that's great. But I'm talking about all the new people that God has brought into the life of our church. It says in The Bible that God will build His church and He has truly done that this year. I love the fact that I look forward to seeing everyone every week, it really feels like family at Life Church.
To all those who have served so faithfully this past year, I say thank you, because without your help and vision this could not have happened.

I want to tell you one story that will highlite the goodness of God in our church. On Monday I received a phone call form Colette Myers who works at Tribute communities. The folks at Tribute had a Gift exchange They were supposed to buy each other toys, and then donate the toys to charity. Well after they were done exchanging gifts the person in charge of the gift exchange asked if anyone knew of a charity that they could donate the toys to. Colette suggested Life Church. To make along story short we had hundreds of dollars worth of toys dropped off at the church on Monday (see pic).
Last night Christa and I had the privledge of dropping off some those toys to families that could use the help. It was awesome. We also got to donate a lot of the toys to Roy and Jen Hyde. They are going to deliver those toys to the children that go to Glen St. School. (the poorest school in Durham). What an awesome Christmas opportunity this has turned into. All because the folks at Life Church are willing to partner together to see great things happen.

This Christmas I want to wish all of our Blog-nation a very Merry Christmas. Make sure you show the love of Christ to those you meet this year.

Merry Christmas

PJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So awesome! Giving is what makes Christmas such an amazing time of year!