Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Sickness

Well as most of the Life Church family knows this weekend I was struck down with an illness. I had a case of the flu. I was still able to preach on Sunday, but it was a struggle.

Sickness is horrible, it takes away all your energy, it makes your body ache and you can hardly breathe. It was really aweful. In fact I'm still not feeling 100 %.

Sin is like sickness except your born with it. Sin takes away life, and ruins your health. Sin brings pain into your life, and it can separate you from God.

My body is strong enough to deal with my case of the flu (with the help of Cold FX). However my spirit cannot deal with the sickness of sin all by itself. No matter how badly I may want to feel better I was powerless against my flu until my body began to heal.

Often we will try and deal with the sin in our lives through shear will power. But yet we still fail. God is there ready to help us with our sin, all he asks is that we invite him to do so. Don't try and do it your way, but let God help you deal with your own case of sin.

I'm getting better, soon I will be back to full health, I just pray that I will also continue to get better at giving my sin over to God.

PJ<><

No comments: